The following understanding were reached..
Earlier today, the leadership of the PDP and APC in Akwa Ibom met with the Commissioner of Police,Director of DSS and Commandant of NSCDC and agreed on the following:
1. Acting President Osinbajo is coming to Akwa Ibom state for an official visit and not for political reasons.
2. He is coming to consult with Akwa Ibom stakeholders and not political chieftains.
3. There is a resounding need for unanimity of demands and general cohesion among participants.
4. It will be in the best interest of the state to have a hitch-free and fruitful visit of the Acting President
Ipso facto, it was agreed that:
1. Display of party insignia and materials be discouraged at the venue of the town hall meeting.
2. Issues to be addressed should be egalitarian, not partisan or sectional.
3. Only accredited officials from both parties will be allowed to join the reception team to receive Mr. Acting President.
4.participants should exhibit the highest level of decorum throughout the visit.
Pls invited guests should endeavour to arrive the venue early.
The State Chairman of the PDP therefore directs that all party faithful should note and comply accordingly.
Comrade Ini Ememobong
Peoples Democratic Party
Akwa Ibom State