As adjourned to Friday 31 May, 2019, the National Assembly Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Uyo resumed prehearing trials to admit evidences from the 3rd – 5th respondents.
Recall, that the tribunal was adjourned till today as prayed by INEC, for submission of Schedules of Electoral Forms and INEC Adhoc Staff Reports for Essien Udim, Ini, Abak and Obot Akara Local Government Areas.
On resumption of hearing, Barr. Emukpoeru who represented INEC sought the tribunal’s consent to tender:
1. Schedule of electoral forms and INEC adhoc staff reports for Essien Udim, Ini, Abak, and Obot Akara LGAs.
2. Certified true copies of Form EC40G for Midim 2, Abak LGA.
3.Certified true copies of Form EC40G(1) of INEC adhoc Staff reports for Abak, Etim Ekpo, Ika.
4. Certified true copies of documents for collation at LGA level for Essien Udim.
5. INEC EC8A (1), Polling unit results for four wards (1, 2, 8 and 9) in Essien Udim.
6. Certified true copies of form EC8C (1) for Essien Udim LGA.
7. Certified true copies of form EC8D (1) for Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District.
8. Certification of compliance with section 84 of the evidence act with a smart card reader report and accreditation from polling units.
9. Regulations of guidelines for conduct of the election.
10. Schedule of polling units for ward 10 in Ini LGA as captured in EC40G.
11. Schedule for forms EC8A(1), EC8B(1), EC8C(1) in Obot Akara LGA.
12 . Evidence of Certified true copies of forms EC8A(1), EC8B(1), EC8C(1) in Obot Akara LGA.
The tribunal granted consent and admitted the evidences as exhibits R216, R218, R219, R221, R222-R250, R251, R232, R253 and R253A, R254, R255, R339-348, R349.
INEC adhoc Staff Reports for Abak, Ini, Essien Udim and Obot Akara LGAs were admitted and marked as exhibits R220A, R220B, R220C and R220D.
The tribunal adjourned to Monday, June 10, 2019 for commencement of the trial proper.